Tuesday 25 December 2018

Merry Christmas to all and to all.. Have a great day!

I just realized that I neglected my Day 24 Musical Advent calendar entry. Jo and I had a very busy day yesterday. Even though it's the two of us and the puppies celebrating today, we still had a few things to do. Jo was especially busy; finishing touches to the tree which, as always, looks lovely, cooking a yummy curry that we had for our evening tea and lots of left-overs, getting everything ready for our Christmas turkey dinner and so much else. I was wrapping prezzies, doing a bit of laundry, walking the dogs. Anyway, it was a very late night, so we're off to a slow start today. But then again, isn't today supposed to be relaxing. 😀.. So anyway, my daily entry on this BLog went amiss. So let's see....

Day 24 (that being Christmas Eve) Musical Advent Calendar Selection


Tina Arena and friends - Chains

Thanks to Jo, another of the artists that I discovered since our marriage is Australian singer Tina Arena. She has such a fantastic voice, strong, clear, lovely. I haven't heard a song by her that I haven't liked. She released Chains first in 1994. Happy Xmas Eve!
 
 
Day 25 - Christmas Day - Musical Advent Calendar selection
 
I picked something light and rocky for today's song. Jo has been picking Christmas songs for her last few songs. She didn't pick this one..  The Waitresses and Wrapping Paper.



It being Christmas, as I was sitting here with the puppies this morning, it kind of got me thinking of past Christmases. I started looking through some of the photos that I've put on my computer from various photo albums. 
 
I was a child once... with my drumming elephant
The earliest are from my very early childhood in Bagotville, Quebec..

I deny snooping under my parent's bed to get advance notice of Xmas prezzies!
We moved to Chatham New Brunswick after that and my parents added another family member there...


Jim and my mom in Lahr, Germany
In Germany, one of my parent's best friends, Jim Nabeta used to come over regularly.

He never got me what I wanted...
At university of Toronto, we always had a Christmas brunch, with our Don presiding as Santa Claus. Lots of songs, food, egg nog...

My folks checking out the Christmas prezzies. Yup, books even then.
When I was stationed in Cold Lake Alberta, I used to catch the Xmas Service Flight and travel back to North Bay to spend Xmas with my family. It was always good to get home.

Susan and Jo preparing Xmas dinner back a few years ago
Jump to the past years and Jo and I have spent many lovely Christmases together. For the most part, we've enjoyed them here in our home in the Comox Valley, but we did spend one with her sister, Sue in England and even went to Calgary for one year.

One of our 1st pups, Nikki, checking out the tree
But its always our preference to spend it here. The puppies prefer it too.

One of our trees. Lovely, eh?
And Jo always outdoes herself with our tree. It brightens up our family room so much.

On that note, time to check on the missus. Have a wonderful Christmas and holiday season. Best wishes for 2019. I'll be back here before that with reading updates and my end year top ten and that sort of thing of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails