1. Ngaio Marsh - author of the Inspector Alleyn mysteries
2. Phillip K. Dick - Science fiction writer
3. Charlaine Harris - Author of the True Blood books as well as the Lily Bard mysteries, the Harper Connelly and the Aurora Teagarden mysteries.
4. Jane Haddam - Author of the Gregor Demarkian mysteries
5. Ian Fleming - the James Bond books
6. C.S. Forester - Author of the Horatio Hornblower adventures
7. Edgar Rice Burroughs - Author of the John Carter of Mars books as well as countless other excellent Fantasy stories
8. Bernard Cornwell - Author of the Sharpe historic adventures
9. John D. MacDonald - Author of the Travis McGee mysteries
10. Alistair MacLean - Author of a variety of war, spy and adventure thrillers.
11. Ian Rankin - Author of the Inspector Rebus mysteries.
12. Ellis Peters - Author of the historical Cadfael mysteries.
So what to do for 2014? Do I keep this challenge going? I do hear the many series on my TBR shelf calling out to me. 'Take me, Take me!!' I don't think I have much choice.
Anyway, something for me to think about for the next month as I finish off 2014's reading selections. I've noticed that my Goodread's book group already has threads up for both the Reading Group and the Individual challenges. I'll give myself another few weeks before I add my challenges. Can't wait!!
Have a great day tomorrow.