Thursday 28 December 2023

For Janice - Books Part 1

The other day I posted some of my new books and a friend of ours, who happens also to be our pharmacist, commented that she would like to browse my bookshelves some day. I told Jo and she said, 'why don't you post photos of our bookshelves.' So, here you go Janice. For the next few days, you can browse our bookshelves. Today I'll start with some upstairs.

Top of the stairs.

At the top of the stairs is a wicker cabinet that Jo brought over from England when she moved here, 20+ years ago.. Wow! Hard to believe it's been that long, time has flown by. Anyway, here are the books in the little book stand on top of the cabinet.

There is a mixture here - the Moomintroll books I bought for Jo one Christmas, a couple of St Trinian humour books an some mysteries and classics; The Razor's Edge, Anthony Trollope, The Phantom of the Opera.

Master Bedroom

I store books in two places in the bedroom, a little bookstand that Jo and I found in a thrift shop one day and in my bedside cabinet. I've got a variety of science fiction, fiction and mysteries in this bookshelf. It stands beside our main dresser.

Sci Fi
Top Shelf. John Blackburn, John Brunner, Clifford Simak, etc.

A Bit Blurry I'm Afraid
2nd Shelf. Clifford Simak, David Niven biography, Plant Guide.

Sci Fi space adventures
3rd Shelf. Bart Somers, the Legion of Space, Undersea adventures.


George Revelli & Nevil Shute
4th Shelf.

Poul Anderson, Bart Somers, Alistair MacLean
5th Shelf.

Sue Grafton and Michael Connelly
6th Shelf.

Bedside Table. We bought this at a craft / antique fair in Chemainus many years ago

Front View.

One of my not so secret stashes of books.
Open Wide.

Clive Cussler / Jeffery Deaver
Right Side. I'm being a bit lazy here but there are 3 rows of books in this cabinet. You get the front row.

Patrick Tilley, Pip Williams, John Lescroart etc
Left Side. You get to see the front two rows here. 😂😃

Upstairs Bathroom. When Jo had the bathrooms redone, our contractor put a lovely set of shelves at the foot of the tub. Some of my books are on one of them.

Updated
Shelves as of Dec 2023.

The Wycliffe mysteries
Left side. One of my favorite mystery series, W.J. Burley's Wycliffe mysteries.

A mixture.

Right side
. The bottom two were part of a box of books we purchased at the auction in Cumberland, when there used to be one. Mornington Crescent is Jo's book. When we first met, she sent me a mixed tape which included an episode of a radio show, I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue and Mornington Crescent was a nonsensical game they played. Hence the book. Lemon in the Basket  is by Charlotte Armstrong, another enjoyable mystery writer.

So there you go, Janice and anyone else interested. More to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails