Tuesday 7 July 2020

The Spy / Thriller Novel (Winding Down)


It's been a nice cool, somewhat cloudy day today. The dogs and I went for a drive at lunch time. I refreshed our bread stock, got a couple of individual Hawaiian pizzas at Cob's bakery for lunch, then stopped at the Church Street Bakery and picked up two peach Danishes. They are now selling smoothies so I was one of the first ones to get some, got Jo a strawberry banana one and myself a mixed berry one. Made for a nice lunch as we listened to Deadline: White House and The New Abnormal. At the moment Jo is making supper so I'm going to do this post before it's ready; a nice roast dinner by the way.

I just want to congratulate Nicolle Wallace for the success of Deadline: White House. This was the press release from MSNBC's Press Office today

"On Friday (7/3) @MSNBC’s @DeadlineWH  with @NicolleDWallace  at 4pm was #1 in total viewers for the 7th straight day topping FOX News and CNN. This marks the show’s longest winning streak since November 2019. “Deadline: White House” was also the #1 cable news show at 4pm in June."

Oh while I was out today I noticed that the Day Cares seem to be open again. I'm not sure what the rules are for re-opening, it doesn't really affect me as I am much too old to have kids in Day Care. I just hope they all stay safe. 

My author for my ongoing look at the Spy / Thriller novel is a new one for me. I will probably have two more posts on this topic. Not sure what I will look at next. Any ideas?

The Spy / Thriller Novel - Daniel Silva

Daniel Silva is an American journalist / novelist born in Detroit Michigan in 1960. He is a new author for me and I have two of his spy novels on my bookshelf awaiting my attention. He has one standalone novel, two books in his Michael Osbourne series and 20 in his Gabriel Allon series. Let's check out the two I have so far.

1. The Unlikely Spy (standalone / 1996)











"For Britain's counterintelligence operations, this meant finding the unlikeliest agent imaginable-a history professor named Alfred Vicary, handpicked by Churchill himself to expose a highly dangerous, but unknown, traitor.

The Nazis, however, have also chosen an unlikely agent: Catherine Blake, a beautiful widow of a war hero, a hospital volunteer - and a Nazi spy under direct orders from Hitler to uncover the Allied plans for D-Day..."

2. The Mark of the Assassin (Michael Osbourne #1 / 1998)

"Set in London, Cairo, Amsterdam, and Washington, the story line follows CIA case agent Michael Osbourne as he attempts to locate the terrorists who shot down an airliner off the coast of Long Island. Osbourne has two main antagonists: Delaroche, a KGB-trained expert assassin ordered to kill the handful of people who know the truth, including Osbourne, and the corrupt political culture of Washington, which ominously stymies him at every turn. There's a love story at the core of this book, as well as a brave attempt by Osbourne to reconcile a mystery in his past with a present he has not fully accepted. The prose is slick, and readers will find themselves racing through these pages as the body count grows and the conclusion nears."

The complete listing of Daniel Silva's works can be found at this link.

Hey Old Man! Feed Us!
Enjoy the rest of your week, I've got two puppies telling me it's time for dinner. Have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails